19:00 WELCOME AND APOLOGIES
- How have we all faired in this unbelievable year?
- Any advice or ideas to help other traders?
- Pumpkin Trail – Alison at Presents has kindly offered to run again this year.
- Knitted poppies to be on fence of bowling club for Remembrance Day.
- Which shops/cafes/services would like to assist in their sales?
PLANS FOR CHRISTMAS
- Christmas is coming early for Dawlish – In order to lengthen the Christmas period and assist in social distancing, we would like to start Dawlish Christmas as early in November.
- Trees are £35.00 each and are available in early November.
- Do we hold a late-night shopping event?
- Christmas coin shopping event.
- Brook lights – Did you know Teignbridge has switched them off as a cost saving exercise?
- Possible theme for this Christmas this you. Illuminate Dawlish.
- Neil to take night photographs of premises lit up to bombard social media with. These photos could then be used to produce an A5 booklet for Christmas 2021.
- Carnival Christmas social distancing fund raisers:
- Christmas/New Year treasure trail around town (for chamber)
- Find the Christmas fairy in shops windows competition (for chamber)
- Virtual kids and adults fancy dress competition
- Virtual best Christmas dressed pet competition
TREASURER’S REPORT ON FINANCES
- Helen to give a brief summary
- Report to be published online for viewing by Chamber members.
- Neil to sum up the year
- Ann Marie Morris
- Network Rail & the Railway
- General public want to support local independent small towns – feeling safer
- Would anybody like to put themselves forward for a position?
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
DATE OF NEXT MEETING